The present Newtyle parish church was built in 1870 on the site of one built in 1767. The earliest-recorded church was granted to Arbroath on its foundation by William the Lion in 1178, and it was dedicated to an unknown saint by Bishop de Bernham in 1242.
Statistical Account (OSA) 1972; A J Jervise 1875-9; A J Warden 1880-85; I B Cowan 1967; H Scott 1950; RCAHMS 1984
- Description: Christian worship.
- Venue Address: Newtyle and Eassie Church, Newtyle
- Times: Sunday 10.00 am in Newtyle
- Contact Name & Address: Rev. Carleen Robertson
- The Manse
- 2 Kirkton Road
- Newtyle PH12 7TS
- Phone: 01828 650461
- Disabled Facilities: Entry ramp at Newtyle.
- Affiliations: Church of Scotland.