Dundee and Newtyle Railway

Kinpurney Hill © Copyright Val Vannet and licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Licence.

Kinpurney Hill

The Dundee and Newtyle Railway opened in 1831 and was the first railway in the north of Scotland. It was built to carry goods from Strathmore to the port of Dundee  and was chartered with an Act of Parliament that received royal assent in 26 May 1826 and opened in 1831.  The railway originally ran between Dundee and Newtyle. [Wikipedia]